Medallion Indoor Environmental
A Certified RespirCare Associate
Visual Assessment for Moisture Damage and Suspect Mould Growth
A Visual Assessment is a non-invasive visual inspection of the structure for mould and conditions associated with indoor mould growth using state-of-the-art, industry specific equipment to detect unusual conditions such as:
- Abnormal temperature differentials
- Elevated humidity
- Elevated moisture in building materials
- Visual water damage or staining of building materials
Sample Collection and Laboratory Testing
If microbial growth is suspected, we can sample the environment using one or more of three common mould sampling methods.
- Surface sample: involves using a sterile swab or direct tape lift to collect mould from a surface for direct microscopic examination and analysis.
- Bulk sample: involves physically extracting a piece of material from a surface for culturing or direct microscopic examination and analysis.
- Air sample: involves trapping air in a special cassette specifically designed for direct microscopic examination and analysis.
Asthma Triggers and Allergen Screening
Screening involves using a dust collection device to collect dust from interior settling reservoirs such as cold air returns, baseboards, bedding and furniture. Since indoor allergens can play a significant role in triggering asthma attacks, it is important to recognize potential indoor contaminants and reduce your exposure. With today’s technology, indoor environments can be tested for contaminants.
All Services Include:
- Visual assessment.
- Moisture intrusion assessment (mould assessments only).
- Site specific sampling protocol, supplies and Chain of Custody documentation.
- Laboratory fees and analytical reports.
- Third party laboratory and inspector credential verifications.
- Data interpretation of laboratory reports and documentation of elevated and/or unusual mould conditions according to Health Canada, United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), and American Conference for Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) references.
- Third party independent analytical review by a highly qualified RespirCare Analytical Data Review Specialist with Board Awarded American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) certifications.
- Reference report with links to the USEPA, Health Canada or IICRC S500 and S520 recommended guidelines for self clean-up or referral to an appropriate specialist.
- Expert Witness and Litigation support services (additional fees may be required).